Ad

jueves, 15 de noviembre de 2012

Causative Verbs

The aim of these activities is for to students to understand the use of causative, to review some phrasal verbs and practice listening skills and spelling. It is important to bear in mind that this activity was developed for a first certificate course, and that these students had already worked on most of the things included here. Therefore, these exercises are meant for better understanding of the structure.









Watch the trailer:


Complete the sentences with the appropriate verb form:

They forced him to rob a bank
They had him…..

They made him do the job
They got him….

Nick and Chet robbed the bank for the monkeys.
The monkeys had….

Nick included Chet in the mission.
He got….

Watch the video and fill in the blanks:



Carl: Hey buddy!
Jumper: Who are you man? Don’t ________ ________ I’m gonna kill ________. Don’t try to
________ me.
Carl: Ok
Jumper: What do you ________ ok?
Carl: I don’t mean ok, I’m just ________ me a ________.  I should say something to you ________. I don’t
really know what ________ ________.
Jumper: Man you are ________ at this, are you ________ a cop?
Carl: Hold on a ________ I’m thinking! Wait, I’ve ________ ________.
Jumper:  Where are you ________ man? …
Carl: don’t do it, I’m ________. ________ is a virtue.

Complete the song:
I wish you would step back from that ledge my ________,
You could cut ties with all the ________,
That you've been ________ in,
And if you never want to see me again,
I ________ understand.
I ________ understand.
The ________ boy,
A bit too ________,
Icing over a secret ________
You know you don't ________.
Well everyone I know has got a ________,
To say,
Put the ________ ________


Think of at least three sentences using causative verbs. What does he make him/ get him to do?

Example: The woman gets him to go talk to the jumper.



Teacher's:

Carl: Hey buddy!
Jumper: Who are you man? Don’t try anything I’m gonna kill myself. Don’t try to stop me.
Carl: Ok
Jumper: What do you mean ok?
Carl: I don’t mean ok, I’m just give me a second.  I should say something to you here. I don’t really know what it is.
Jumper: Man you are terrible at this, are you even a cop?
Carl: Hold on a second I’m thinking! Wait, I’ve got it.
Jumper:  Where are you going man? …
Carl: don’t do it, I’m coming. Patience is a virtue.


Complete the song:

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend,
You could cut ties with all the
lies,
That you've been
living in,
And if you never want to see me again,
I
would understand.
I
would understand.

The
angry boy,
A bit too
insane,
Icing over a secret
pain
You know you don't
belong.

Well everyone I know has got a
reason,
To say,
Put the
past away

1 comentario:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Phục vụ cho nhu cầu vận chuyển hàng hóa bắc nam bằng đường sắt ngày càng lớn, dịch vụ vận chuyển ô tô bằng đường sắt và vận tải, gửi hàng hóa gửi xe máy bắc nam bằng tàu hỏa bằng đường sắt cũng đã xây dựng nên những qui trình, dịch vụ vận chuyển container lạnh bắc nam chuyên nghiệp và có hệ thống. Đảm bảo mang đến chất lượng tốt nhất cho khách hàng sử dụng dịch vụ.

    ResponderEliminar