Ad

jueves, 27 de octubre de 2016

Limitless

Hi everyone,

Today I'm sharing an activity I created to talk about brain power and to go over the use of adjectives with ed or ing.

I've been using infographics for a while since they are a very dynamic and appealing way to present, analyze and use data. If you are not acquainted with them, I recommend them for your classes. There are many website where you can find them; these are the three I use the most:


Here's one that tackles both topics, infographics in relation with the brain.


I had to work with a reading about the way we could enhance our brain capacity and I wanted to revise the use of adjectives with ed and ing, since I had noticed my students were having some trouble applying them. That's why I created this activity.

As a warm up I asked them what they knew about the brain and showed them some infographics: the way the brain works, the brain on coffee and alcohol, etc.


After they watched the trailer and completed the activity, they read the article on tips for enhancing their brain. Finally they discussed which of the tips the found more useful; applying the adjectives they had seen in the movie.

That's all.

Stay tuned,
Claudio

3 comentarios:

  1. Claudio! I can't believe you own this site. My name is Sofía, you were my teacher in 2013 (Alianza Sayago). I'm sure you don't remember me, but I'll always remember you, because you are the best teacher I've ever had. The way you encourage your students is so hard to find out there. I was searching for something to practice because I haven't studied English for 3 years (maybe you notice that in the way I write) and then I found this. It's amazing, thank you for helping everyone with all of this. I hope you're doing fine! See you around.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi lady,

      Of course I remember you lady, I remeber all or most of my students, that's why I'm forgetting everything nowadays :p. You were my student in the first certificate course, right? You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear your nice words; thank you so much. Your level is just fine lady, but I'm glad to see you are looking forward to maintaining it. What have you been up to?

      It's really great to hear from you.
      Warm regards,

      Claudio

      Eliminar
  2. Hi Claudio!
    Yes, I was. I want to study English again, but the university keeps me busy all the time. I went to Alianza a few weeks ago and they told me you are not working there anymore! I really wanted to be your student again. I hope that change was for good, you are such a talented person.
    Best wishes!
    Sofía.

    ResponderEliminar